- Review loans and issue an underwriting decision in compliance with the relevant Agency, Sun West and Investor guidelines.
- Analyze the credit-worthiness, collateral, accuracy of Total Scorecard (DU/LP).
- Issue the Loan Analysis and the Loan Summary.
- Exclusively authorized to downgrade a loan to a Manual Underwrite, when required.
- Communicate decision (approval, suspense, denial) on loans to appropriate parties.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance and a 401 (k) program. As well as a great work environment.
- VA / LAPP REQUIRED
- MUST HAVE DE (CHUMS I.D).
- Be up-to-date with all relevant mortgagee letters, specifically ones released since 01/2008.
- Be actively underwriting FHA loans for the past 24 months.
- A minimum of 3 Yrs. experience in FHA and Conventional Underwriting.
- Knowledge of Investor Guidelines, Product Delivery, and AUS engines is required.
- Experienced with DU and LP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Customer service and detail-oriented, responsible and accurate.
- Calculate income accurately (per FHA / VA / Agency Guidelines), including but not limited to reviewing Tax Returns and any accompanying Tax Schedules.
- Verify assets required to close the loan, including but not limited to trailing funds, gift-funds, etc.
- Calculate the loan amount accurately in case of Rate and Term Refinance, Streamline Refinance, etc.
- Read and interpret the HUD 1 and can spot deficiencies, if any.
- Be aware of the following laws/regulations and know how to apply the same:
- Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act (MDIA).
- RESPA Reforms - Appraisal Independence and HVCC.
- Have good/excellent Computer skills including but not limited to Web Browser, E-mail, Adobe Acrobat ® (Create PDF / Split PDF, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Have a good/excellent Typing skill/speed.
- Able to meet company set production volumes.
- Able to work additional hours as required.