Back to top

Market Commentary

Home
Market Commentary


 
Today's Coupons
 
  10-Year Notes   99-30 (+0.4) 2.007%  
 
  FN 3.5% Coupon   104-16 (+01)  
 
  Support   2.250%  
 
  Resistance   2.010%  
 
 
 
 
Today's Blurb Friday, October 16, 2015
 
 
    Industrial production fell 0.20% in September following an upward revision in August from -0.40% to -0.10%. The strong dollar, a slump in the commodity sector and weak global growth are weighing down on production. Auto production rose 0.20% after falling 5.40% prior, and high-tech production fell 0.50% after falling 0.40% prior. Excluding autos and high-tech, manufacturing fell 0.10% following a 0.10% gain prior. The Total Capacity Utilization rate slipped to 77.50% with an upward revision in August from 77.60% to 77.80%. Treasuries are hovering near yesterday’s 2:00 PM (PT) close level and the curve has flattened with 2s10s down 1.9 bps.
Have A Nice Weekend!
 
 
   
 
   
 
This Week's Events
 
 
  DATE EVENT TIME(PT) PERIOD SURVEY ACTUAL PRIOR REVISED  
  10/12 No Data - - - - - -  
                   
  10/13 No Data - - - - - -  
                   
  10/14 MBA Mortgage Applications 04:00 Oct 9 - -27.60% 25.50% -  
                   
  10/14 Retail Sales Advance MoM 05:30 Sep 0.20% 0.10% 0.20% 0.00%  
                   
  10/14 Retail Sales Ex Auto MoM 05:30 Sep -0.10% -0.30% 0.10% -0.10%  
                   
  10/14 PPI Final Demand MoM 05:30 Sep -0.20% -0.50% 0.00% -  
                   
  10/14 PPI Final Demand YoY 05:30 Sep -0.80% -1.10% -0.80% -  
                   
  10/14 Fed Reserve Releases Beige Book 11:00 - - - - -  
                   
  10/15 Initial Jobless Claims 05:30 Oct 10 270K 255K 263K 262K  
                   
  10/15 Continuing Claims 05:30 Oct 3 2200K 2158K 2204K 2208K  
                   
  10/15 Empire Manufacturing 05:30 Oct  -8.00 -11.36 -14.67 -  
                   
  10/15 CPI MoM 05:30 Sep -0.20% -0.20% -0.10% -  
                   
  10/15 CPI YoY 05:30 Sep -0.10% 0.00% 0.20% -  
                   
  10/15 CPI Index NSA 05:30 Sep 237.799 237.945 238.316 -  
                   
  10/15 CPI Core Index SA 05:30 Sep 243.041 243.206 242.693 -  
                   
  10/15 Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook 07:00 Oct -2.00 -4.50 -6.00 -  
                   
  10/16 Industrial Production MoM 06:15 Sep -0.20% -0.20% -0.40% -0.10%  
                   
  10/16 Capacity Utilization 06:15 Sep 77.30% 77.50% 77.60% 77.80%  
                   
  10/16 U. of Mich. Sentiment 07:00 Oct P 89.00 92.10 87.20 -  
                   
 
 
 
 
Helpful Links
  Visit Us Online   Submit Loan  
  Get Approved   Resolve Loan Conditions  
  Download Rate Sheet   Conventional Program Guidelines  
  Price & Lock   Government Program Guidelines  
 
 
   
 
  This information is provided solely for informational use and is not intended as trading or investment advice in any manner whatsoever. Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. is not a licensed or registered broker or dealer and cannot provide investment strategies or recommendations. This information is provided to licensed brokers/lenders only and may not be copied or distributed to customers or potential customers. All loans are subject to approval. Certain restrictions may apply. Listed pricing is a morning indication only. Program rates, prices, guidelines, fees, costs, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice  
 
©2015 Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved